I remember my first real boy/girl sleep over.
I arrived in my pajamas thinking we’d play a game of sexy twister before cuddling up in front of a movie with popcorn. “We’ll flirt and giggle till dawn” I thought “and I’ll wake up entangled in a cute boy’s arms.”
Turns out sexy twister wasn’t the only thing on his mind that night…
Somehow this pattern continued to haunt me in college and eventually turned into a real problem.
I failed to realize that lying in a man’s bed at night sends a certain message…..
The following is a list of rules I wish I could have sent myself 2 years ago. My French friends tell me to relax and just go with the flow of things, but quite honestly I feel that this particular matter needs to be handled with pragmatic discretion. There is nothing worse then regretted sex. Nothing. If you are like me, then perhaps now you can avoid some sticky situations.
1. To begin, sleeping in bed together does not automatically denote sleeping together. And any mec who doesn’t respect that is immature.
2. ….that is unless it’s because he picked you up from a club or bar. Then the signal was clear…
3. In the heat of the moment, chances are you won’t be thinking clearly so it’s best to decide exactly what you want before so if you do sleep together, at least you will know that you made that decision yourself.
4. However if you do not want to baiser, it’s only fair to be honest from the beginning. Tactfully of course (Immediately after the kisses start to get hot — but don’t wait too long).
5. ATTENTION: once les culottes are gone all bets are off. In fact it’s best to just keep your tights on.
6. Be wary of the morning after!!!! Seriously. You think you have successfully secured a safe sexy sleep over, think again. The morning is actually the most dangerous time because you are hazy and drunk with assurance!
7. It is important to consider if you’ve been manipulated into this situation. Are you drunk? Did you randomly show up at his front door by Moped? Then it’s best to be going.
8. Don’t push it. Seriously, a man can only handle so much torture.
Bottom line, it’s just best to be honest…especially if it’s the first night. As long as everyone is on the same page, a little fun won’t hurt